Natural Therapies for Libido
Relax, take care of yourself, do activities that make you feel better and good about who you are.
Take and make time for your relationships with people, and make time for sex.
Healthy nutrition in the form of the Mediterranean diet may be helpful.
Important for relief of stress, production of endorphins, self estem and overall health.
May be beneficial for increased satisfaction, desires, arousal and orgasm.
Yoga poses for better sex can be found at: http://www.prevention.com/fitness/yoga/yoga-poses-for-better-sex/slide/2
May help libido, especially for women who are on antidepressants.
Meditation focusing on total body sensations of the present moment may help with desire, arousal and lubrication and decreased sex related distress and depression.
- Iron deficiency may contribute to libido problems, including loss of desire, problems with arousal, lubrication and ability to have an orgasm.
- May help if your libido is low, especially of you are on an antidepressants.
- It is a phytoestrogen, so its use should be reviewed with your oncologist if you have an estrogen dependent cancer history.
- High iodine content may help to support hormones.
- Panax Ginseng (Asian Ginseng)
- May help to increase libido.
- May help with libido, arousal, lubrication.
- Should be used at doses of 7.5 mg.
- DHEA is required for the production of testosterone.
- Supplementation may help with libido in women.
- May help to stimulate libido and enhance satisfaction.
- May help with libido and orgasm
- May help to increase dopamine levels in the brain.
- Dopamine can help to elevate mood, relaxation and improve the bodies response to stimulation.
Avena Sativa (oat straw)
- Can increase sexual desire through improved circulation,
- May help with menstrual cramps and bloating.
- Excellent source of B vitamins.
- May help with blood sugar, by decreases spikes
- May be used as a remedy for stress, anxiety, depression and tensions.
- May help to support excellent bone health.
- Active component is yohimbine that may help to stimulate libido and desire
- Increases dopamine levels in the brain.
- May help to ehance libido through relief of stress and enhanced circulation.
Suma Root (Brazilian ginseng)
- May help with hormone balance and libido.
- May help to elevate estrogen levels.
- May help with libido, stress and brain function.
- Contain zinc, may help to black the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen.
- May help to relax vasculature and increase blood flow.
- May help to improve clitoral blood flow and improve sexual response.
- Helps to prevent breakdown of dopamine and serotonin.
- Increase of dopamine may lead to enhanced libido and mood.
- Limit to one glass a day
- High level of polyphenols, an antioxidant, can increase blood flow.
- Can help with libido.
- Can be beneficial for anti depressant induced libido difficulties.